Squirrel Control Services
Squirrels typically enter homes in the Tampa Bay, Sarasota and Naples areas in the late fall as the evening temperatures cool, looking for a place to nest. Grey and flying squirrels can be found in attics, exterior walls and even between floors, using insulation as nesting material. Squirrels have a very playful nature and wake early, which usually tips off homeowners to their presence as they scratch and scurry around the attic at dawn. This can make squirrel removal necessary just to get some sleep.
Stopping at almost nothing to gain entry, squirrels can do considerable damage to the exterior trim and siding of a home as they widen a current hole or make a new hole. Once inside, they will gnaw on just about anything, including electrical wiring, which can cause a short or a fire. Squirrels can also carry fleas, ticks and mites that may infest your southwest Florida home after their host gains entry.
- Squirrel Control
PEST PROOFING PREVENTION TIPS:
There are a number of pest-proofing measures that homeowners can take to protect their home and families from the threats posed by squirrels. Hughes's squirrel control specialists recommend the following:
Squirrel Control Prevention Tips:
- Store boxes and containers off the floor and organize items often to prevent squirrels from residing in undisturbed areas.
- Seal cracks and holes, including areas where utilities and pipes enter the home.
- Store food in thick metal or plastic containers with tight lids.
- Clean up spilled food right away immediately and wash dishes and cooking utensils soon after use.
- Keep outside cooking areas and grills clean.
- Do not leave pet food or water bowls out overnight.
- Keep bird feeders away from the house and use squirrel guards to limit access to the feeder by squirrels.
- Use a thick plastic or metal garbage can with a tight lid and keep sealed at all times.
- Keep grains and animal feed in thick plastic or metal containers with tight lids. In the evening, return uneaten animal feed to containers with lids.
If you find squirrel feces, hear sounds of scurrying in the walls or observe other signs of a squirrel infestation, contact one of Hughes's licensed squirrel control specialists to inspect and treat the pest problem.
Order a Free Pest Inspection
Squirrel Control & Removal You Can Trust
Squirrels are cunning invaders, and if you suspect they have moved in to your home, you should immediately call one of the Hughes Exterminators of Tampa, Sarasota, Naples and Port Charlotte squirrel removal experts. Our highly trained squirrel control professionals will determine how squirrels are gaining access to your home, trap and remove them and then take the necessary steps to ensure complete squirrel exclusion.
Integrated Pest Management
STEPS Total Protection System:
Our pest control service is part of our STEPS® Total Protection System™ and backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. We've built our reputation on standing by our customers with the best guarantee in the business.
1. Inspect to pinpoint pest issues
2. Identify not only the pest, but the true cause of the problem
3. Treat in the most environmentally responsible way to alleviate current issues and help prevent any future recurrence.
Guarantees Your Total Satisfaction
With the STEPS Total Protection System, all of our pest control services are 100% guaranteed. We've built our reputation on standing by our customers with the best guarantee in the business.